This is how you apply new firmware to all phones in your Call Manager. The current version I was running is 8.5 and I applied this to the Publisher (primary server) in our 2 Server farm. In this case I was updating the 7945 with firmware version SCCP45.9-2-1SR2S to help fix Video not working with our CUPC Clients.
- Login to Call Manager Publisher Server
- Go to Device –> Device Settings –> Device Defaults
- Find the Model Number you have the load for (you should have loaded the file into the FTP Server, instructions to come seperatly)
- Copy the current Firmware load Info
- Put the new firware version in
- Click Save
- Go to System –> Device Pool
- Find all device pools and select the one your phones are in that will need the firmware update
- Reset the device pool (and restart it for good measures) – Note this should be done after hours as the phones will reset and download the new firmware.